Tuesday, June 16, 2009

NING-A-DING DING

I wasn't familiar with Ning & haven't heard anyone talk about it. Clearly, from all the activity on it, I've been out of the loop.

Random observations, thoughts, etc.:
  • I won't do an account because Facebook is plenty for me... but this is an interesting site.
  • I see that ALA is moving from Ning to their own site: http://connect.ala.org/
  • The "Open Source ILS Song" sounds like something that should have been playing over the closing credits of the movie "Juno."
  • There's a site for the American Surrealism Society. They have 5 members. Their catchphrase is: "Who's your dada?"

Okay ... a couple of days have passed and I realized that I had been on Ning before. A librarian that longer works here set up a community for the library: http://fwplworkers.ning.com/ There was some activity on it in early '08 - but then the librarian in question left for greener pastures. So it's just kind of sitting there - the cyber equivilant of space junk. I forgot all about it. I sent messages to a couple of friends on there & they all replied with "Oh, I forgot about this..." type messages. I wonder how many of these "abandoned kingdom" sites are floating around out there.

Ning is nice. But Facebook's more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment